Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I prompt a user to enter a label when creating a page from a template?

amanda watson March 3, 2021

I would like to have a report of "hot topics" on the home page of my space. I am not sure how to indicate a page is a "hot topic" other than using labels  - as I can get a list of pages tagged "hot topic". I want it an easy way to label a page other than at the bottom because I feel like that is too easily overlooked.

Is there an easier way to indicate a page is a hot topic other than using labels? Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

@amanda watson 

Welcome to the community.

When you create a template, you're able to add default labels to the template so that they will be applied when you create a page from that template. Otherwise, it's not possible to prompt people to add their own labels. My recommendation would be to use the Instructional Text in the template to let your team know this. That text won't appear in the page that is created from the template, it's only there to help your team fill out the template as required.

amanda watson March 4, 2021

Thank you! I appreciate your recommendation.  I think this is the best solution at this time. 

Initially, I was hoping for something to click to add a label to the page because the label button seems like an afterthought and not a "field" in my template. I didn't want people to miss it. 

Thanks for your input.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events