• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I move a column in a table?

I've created a table full of data.  I now realize I need to have the columns in reverse order.  However, I've tried creating a new column and copying/cutting and pasting data into it - but only the first (top) cell gets copied.

It's going to be a night mare to copy/paste cell by cell.

Help!

Can we get a copy/cut/paste COLUMN that works the same way as copy/cut/paste ROW please?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Andrew,

There are buttons in panel like Cut table column, Copy table column and Paste table column:

Capture.PNG

Ah.  Totally missed that.  Late Friday brain-fog.  Thanks for pointing it out!

Like jonah likes this

Working with tables in Confluence (as well in many other HTML editors) lefts something to be desired, so if you happen to mess with merging multicolumn tables, you could copy them from Confluence to any editor such as Word first, edit tables there, save finished document as a HTML and then copy HTML into Confluence editor's window. Just open saved HTML in browser, then Ctrl+A | Ctrl+C to copy table from the HTML file, and then paste layout into the Confluence editor's window.

Like Andrew Webster likes this

How would we do the same thing with the new Confluence editor UX? Those buttons no longer exist. 

Like Andrew Lighten likes this

Hi @Laura Baumgartner ,

I suppose you're talking about Confluence Cloud while this question is about Confluence Server. Anyway, you can select the whole column, cut it (Ctrl+X), then press + sign to add new column where you need, and paste (Ctrl+V).

Like Christoph Huber likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

302 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you