How do I merge two tables in confluence?

Mark_Booth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2012

I am trying to add new rows to a 1500 row table and every time I click on add new row, the script becomes unresponsive and I have to cancel out of the operation.

I can add the data into a new table, but then how can I merge the old table with the new?

With the old wiki markup editor it would have been trivial, just remove the lines of text which caused the tables to be seperate, but I've no idea how to do this with the new wysiwyg editor.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark_Booth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2012

The only way I have found to merge tables so far is to use Ctrl+Shift+X and Ctrl+Shift+V to move individual rows from one table to another.

I hoped that as soon as I found that I was able to create new rows in the huge table from Chrome, that I could cut a whole bunch of rows and paste them all together, but Ctrl+Shift+X only appears to support cutting one row at a time.

Elvir Hadzic
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2012

That's strange. I'm able to cut/paste multiple rows with Ctrl+shift+x/Ctrl+shift+v.
Maybe a browser problem?

Mark_Booth
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2012

Ah, it looks like you just have to be careful about where you place your cursor when selecting multiple lines, so thanks - I've managed to get that to work now.

4 votes
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2019

Hi Mark,

The Table Transformer macro (one of the macros included in the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app) provides the ability to merge tables automatically using default presets or with the help of advanced SQL queries.

2 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2012

We're currently building a source editor for Confluence 4.x that should allow you to achieve this. You can track its progress and see the spec here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/_ANnE

Mark_Booth
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2012

Thanks, though it would have been nice if this had been made available at the same time as the wiki markup editor was taken away. *8'(

Mark_Booth
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2012

We are seriously considering moving these pages back to our trac wiki. The inconvenience of splitting the pages into multiple <256k pages looks like its actually less work than using Confluence without a wiki-markup editor. Plus, thinking about it, the thought of having to edit raw confluence XML really doesn't appeal compared to how easy wiki-markup was.

Like Carl Dichter likes this
1 vote
Carl Dichter January 30, 2020

Really, 8 years after they removed the wiki markup editor they still haven't filled-in the gaps in functionality that they created?

0 votes
Elvir Hadzic
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2012

Have you tried merging them with the editor this plugin provides? https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/1017176
You can generate a 30 day trial license.

I don't have the plugin isntalled anymore but I remember that I had to cut out parts of the URL because it misdirected me when I clicked on the link to the Editor in Confluence. Just so you know (maybe i was an exception and/(or they fixed it by now...). If you can't figure it out, let me know and I'll reinstall it and have a look.

Mark_Booth
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2012

Unless it's possible for users to install plugins for their own personal use, then without the permissions to add them for everyone this isn't really an option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events