Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a space private

Greg Della-Croce September 18, 2014

We are using Confluence 5.3.1.   I have created a space.  Now I want to make that space private.  How do I change the space?   I do not mean, btw, that I just want to restrict view and edit on the home page.

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014
2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2014

A private space is simply one where users are not granted view access. To make it private only grant yourself view access.

Silvan Forster April 26, 2019

How can I make a space private that is still created?

0 votes
Ben_Z April 22, 2020

Correct me if I am wrong but you have the option during the original setup to make it private if you don't do the recommended install. Once it's set up I believe you then control privacy through permissions, correct?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2020

Yes. You can just go to the space permissions and remove everyone but yourself. It will then be private to you ... that includes search results too. Keep in mind that a System Administrator can always grant themselves permission, but aside from that it would be private.

0 votes
Greg Della-Croce September 18, 2014

I seem to remember in earlier version when you created a space you could declare the space "private".   From what I see in this documentation, you just control the View/Edit rights of Groups/Individuals.   Am I correct?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2014

I don't remember seeing an option to mark a space as private. But yes, you can control the permissions by adding/removing individuals/groups.

Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2014

correct.

Jill Thyne September 21, 2014

When a new space is first created a tick box below the 'space name' and 'space key' fields asks if you wish to make the space private.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events