How do I make a drop down box in confluence (to put inside a table cell) ?

Micheal Jordan November 13, 2014

I have a table where I record messages. The message size is sometimes big and makes the height of a row very large, just because of one cell. To reduce the size of the cell, I want to put the text in a drop down box instead. Ideally, this contents of this drop down box should be searchable (edit- using ctrl+f in that page).
Is this possible in confluence ? If this needs some minor amount of coding, can you please give me the code
for it ?

thanks ! 

2 answers

1 vote
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

It's not a dropdown box, but maybe the expand macro is what you are looking for...

Micheal Jordan November 17, 2014

Is there some way to expand all (or a set of) such macros in a page by clicking one magical button ? Thanks !

0 votes
JeffP November 13, 2014

Checkout this plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.scaffolding) as a possible solution.

Cheers!

Micheal Jordan November 17, 2014

Costs money - This add-on is sold by a third-party vendor. Isn't there a simple, existing solution already ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events