Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I limit permitted users to certain security group(s) in Active Directory?

Neil June 26, 2014

I feel like I am missing something here...

I have read through all the documentation more than once. I have configured and tested LDAP connectors to my domain. But for the life of me I can't figure out: How do I limit which Active Directory users can log into Confluence and which cannot? It seems I can only limit the users via a OU, not a security group.

There are 1000s of users on the network but I only have 100 licenses, so how do I keep the wrong people from sigining in and gobling up my license seats?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2014

Hello Neil, you can accomplish that a predefined group of users is the only one to sync with Confluence, or set rules for which will be read into the application and repercute into the license count. A good start is following the steps in this documentation and craft a filter that fits your needs.

Hope this helps.

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

Hi Nell, to complement Guilherme's answer, here is an example of filter that returns only the users that are members of the group confluence_users (including nested members):

(&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*)(memberOf:1.2.840.113556.1.4.1941:=CN=confluence_users,OU=atlassian,DC=company,DC=local))

You can see more details of how to restrict the LDAP scope here.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events