Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I insert a page break into a Confluence document

Dean de Tongre January 18, 2021

Hi,

I've been following this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/writing-user-macros-4485.html

But there is no option to create user macro. Is this still available or is there something we can add on to restore formatting functionality?

Regards

Dean

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Dean de Tongre 

User Macros are only available on Confluence Server and not on Confluence Cloud.

Regards, Dominic

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

@Dean de Tongre 

I have 2 questions for you

• Are you trying to write a user macro? Or are you having trouble to add a macro to your document?
  • Are you a Cloud user? Or a Server User?

Based on your answers, I can try to help you.

Best,

Fadoua

Hi Fadoua,

I’m trying to create a user macro, as there is no page break option in the user interface.

We are cloud users.

Regards

Dean

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

@Dean de Tongre 

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-code-block-macro/

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

It is the only option I see available in Cloud. Not that many features like server

Best,

Fadoua

Thank you.

That's not what we are looking for. This only let's you highlight code you are working on.

I'm guessing this is more of a pure wiki rather a KB platform with editing tools. We'll work around the page break issue.

Regards

Dean

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events