How do I insert a file that's already uploaded with the new editing interface?

Thomas Rice January 7, 2020

Hi,

I have a image that's already uploaded to a Confluence page. How do I edit the Confluence page so that it displays under the new editing format?

In the old format I'd just click "Insert files and images (Ctrl+M)" in the top bar and it would show files attached to this page.

In the new format when I click "Files & images" at the top it gives me an interface with recent uploads (across everything, not just this page) and the option to upload new files & images, but doesn't show me what's already uploaded on the page. There doesn't seem to be a search option.

Is there something I can type to bring up already-attached files?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hi Thomas,

The reason that you are not able to see such an option is that this is pointing to the Legacy version of the editor and you are currently using the new editing improvements, which has different features.

While I can confirm that this function is not available, we made sure to have this suggestion created

In order to gather interest from users in order to check its re-implementation and I suggest you add yourself as a watcher to receive updates from the development team's progress. At the moment, the workaround is to download the file from the target page and then, have it uploaded in your current one.

I hope this information helps you in terms of clarification, Thomas. You may want to check the new editor roadmap for more information.

Kind Regard
Suren Raj

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events