Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I insert a carriage return into the body of an email created via a link in wiki markup?

Charlie November 28, 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to include several lines of text in the body of an email which is autocreated via a link in one of our wiki pages (using wiki markup).

I have tried all sorts of combinations of wiki markup, html, ascii and other codes to try to insert line breaks in the body text but to no avail.  The link is included in a lozenge and the markup is along the lines of:

{lozenge:color=green}*[Send an email|mailto:firstname.lastname@domain.com;firstname.lastname@domain.com?cc=firstname.lastname@domain.com&subject=Request for information&body=Dear Team, Please record the following inbound request and tag it as ‘New’. Name of firm: Name of person: Name of person submitting request: Country: ]*
Please attach the relevant email correspondence{lozenge}\\

The line breaks/carriage returns need to be after each piece of punctuation i.e. after the comma, full stop/period and colons.

Any assistance will be very gratefully received.

Thank you,

Charlie

1 answer

0 votes
John Fergus May 22, 2019

You just need to URL encode the carriage return/newline characters using %0D%0A. For example ...

mailto:someone@somewhere.com?subject=This is the subject&body=This is line one in the body.%0D%0AThis is line two.%0D%0AAnd this is line three.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events