How do I increase the visibility of a certain section in a wiki document when viewed using the SEARCH field from a specific space?

sidhartha November 17, 2014

8 answers

1 vote
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2014

Hello Sidhartha,

There is a good reference for how search ranking works in this page. There are also a number of add ons that can improve and provide different functionality for the search within Confluence, listed here. Further to that you may need some custom code to accomplish changes in Confluence search interface, task that the Atlassian Experts can assist with.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2014

Well, that's the part that confuses me because the top right search box doesn't show sections of pages ... unless you have edited it in some way. By default it only shows the page title and the space.

0 votes
sidhartha November 19, 2014

Yes...the one on the top right side

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2014

Which search box are you using? Are you using the one in the top right hand section of the page? A screenshot would do wonders to help explain what you are seeing.

0 votes
sidhartha November 18, 2014

I will try to explain it to you using an example. I have a wiki page. By page, I mean a document. In that page, there are multiple sections related to opening a bank account. However, I want to make sure that when a user make a search in wiki with keywords such as bank, a particular section is displayed first in the search box. So, I want to increase the probability of a user viewing a particular section in a wiki document. there may be similar content in the same document.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2014

I guess I'm still not sure what you mean by "particular sections in some wiki documents". Are you saying that you want the search results to look at different parts of the page with a different weighting scale? I guess another question I have is when you say "wiki documents" are you referring to pages, attachments, spaces?

0 votes
sidhartha November 18, 2014

While using the SEARCH field in wiki, I feel that particular sections in some wiki documents should be displayed first,followed by other related sections.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2014

Please expand on what you are referring to? Your question is somewhat vague.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events