How do I hide the Browse menu from anonymous users in Confluence?

Jeff S September 10, 2012

Are there any plugins, macros, Javascript tricks, or CSS tricks that will allow me to omit or hide the Browse dropdown menu from the top of the page when a user is not logged in? I am using the Documentation Theme in Confluence 4.2.13.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

Add this in the Administration > Custom HTML.

<script>
  AJS.toInit(function(){
    if (AJS.params.remoteUser == ''){
      AJS.$('#browse-menu-link').hide();
    }
  });
</script>

Jeff S September 10, 2012

Thank you. That's works great.

Like Zak Laughton likes this
Brian_Candiloro April 4, 2013

Is this at all possible with OnDemand version? We are looking to have just a portion of our content public... it would be better to not show things the user can not access.

GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2013

Unfortunately you cannot edit such features in OnDemand environment as per its restricted functions

Ori Shalom October 9, 2016

This approach is really problematic in some cases because it is only hide the button but don't prevent access to content itself.

If the customers know that the system being used is confluence he might try and navigate to this pages with the url.

0 votes
giridharbuggarapu July 22, 2013

Hi,

I added the above code in the HEAD section of Custom HTML, but when I try as an anonymous user, the Browse menu is still appearing.

Is there anything else that I need to do?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events