Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I grant access to a single space?

Jim July 13, 2015

I have an external user for whom I have created an account. I want her to be able to access just one particular space, but no others. How do I do that?

3 answers

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015

First off, your configuration may impact external access. If you are using Confluence Cloud it shouldn't be an issue, but with Confluence server, depending on how access to the server is configured, people may need VPN creds to access.

So let's say that external people can connect to your instance. Just go to the space in question, select Permissions under Space tools in the lower left corner (with the Default theme) and add that account to the Individual Users section.

0 votes
Jim July 13, 2015

Yes, that's what I thought. It used to work and now doesn't. We recently upgraded from 5.5 to 5.8 - I was wonderign if something has changed?

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015

What isn't working? Are they not accessing the space or able to access other spaces as well?

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2015

Hi,

You can either add this one person to their own group and add that group to the space, or you can add them  where it says "Individual Users" in the permissions section of the space you want them to see.

In order to make sure they don't have access to any other space, you have to make sure they don't belong to any group that has access to any other space. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events