How do I get system admin permissions when no one in my company has them?

Paloma Sonzogni September 7, 2018

Hi! I'm looking to grant myself system administrator permissions as the administrator for the company, but no one has access to the privileges to give them to me. Does anyone know a way for me to get these rights? I can't see the group to add myself to it, but when I go to global permissions it's there (but not editable). 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2018

Hello @Paloma Sonzogni

you can try resetting the admin user password directly in the database and use it to grant yourself the rights you need, this is explained here.

Let me know if you have any questions, 

--Alexis

Paloma Sonzogni September 7, 2018

Hi Alexis - 

Thanks for sending this! Unfortunately, I don't entirely follow it. I'm not sure how the database for Confluence works, so I get stuck on the second step. 

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2018

Hi @Paloma Sonzogni,

you will probably have to talk to the team resposible for databases or IT  in your organization to be able to recover the admin password for Confluence, as you need access to the DB to do it. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2018

You have tagged this question with "Cloud".  Alexis has given you the right answer for Server, but if you are on Cloud, then the answer is "You can't do this, because the end-users do not get system admin on Cloud"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events