Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get access to multiple spaces I didn't create?

Amelia Tidona November 9, 2015

I am reorganizing our company wiki in Confluence and need to move a lot of things around. I'm supposed to have general admin access but I'm not able to move pages from one space to another. How could I easily gain access to do this?

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

The most simple method should be to grant yourself "confluence-administrator" permissions. Please see – Confluence Admin permission vs confluence-administrators group. As you can see, this group is special. This group will give you extreme elevated permissions. As such, you should be able to access the space tools of the spaces, or use the 'Recover Space Permissions' within the Space Permissions overview area.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

If you are a System Administrator, you can go to USERS & SECURITY --> Space Permissions and manage the permissions of any space to give yourself space rights and you can then click Restricted Pages to make sure you know of (and have access to) all the pages in a space.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2015

Can you make sure you have "Read/Write" on all of them? or Confluence System Administrator?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events