How do I get a restored page to appear in it's original page?

Sharon Sharon April 9, 2012

I restored a page. It does not show up in the page's child list or the page links on the left (documentation theme). I flushed all the Confluence cache and rebuilt the index and it still doesn't show up. I clear my browser cache, no joy. I tried making edits to the page, still no luck. What am I missing?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

Hi Sharon,

Whe you restore a page it gets restored to the root of the space rather than where it lived before it was deleted - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+a+Deleted+Page To move it where you want it just select Browse -> Pages and drag and drop the page from the root of the space to the relevant place in the navigation.

Hope that helps,

Andrew.

The problem was partially between the chair and the keyboard. In Browse-Pages-Alphabetic view, the page showed up in the right place. I didn't think to look at the Tree. In the Tree view, it was in the wrong place. I dragged it back as you suggested in the first place and now it appears. Thanks.

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

You're welcome. Glad it's sorted now.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2012

Not seen that behaviour before. Did it get put back in the right place in Browse -> Pages automatically after the restore or did someone move it to the right place?

Could you try temporarily moving it and moving it back via Browse -> Pages?

Andrew.

0 votes

Hi Andrew,

I see it in the correct place when I go to browse - Pages but it doesn't show up on the child page list nor does it show in the navigation page (documentation theme).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events