How do I get a restored page to appear in it's original page?

I restored a page. It does not show up in the page's child list or the page links on the left (documentation theme). I flushed all the Confluence cache and rebuilt the index and it still doesn't show up. I clear my browser cache, no joy. I tried making edits to the page, still no luck. What am I missing?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Sharon,

Whe you restore a page it gets restored to the root of the space rather than where it lived before it was deleted - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+a+Deleted+Page To move it where you want it just select Browse -> Pages and drag and drop the page from the root of the space to the relevant place in the navigation.

Hope that helps,

Andrew.

The problem was partially between the chair and the keyboard. In Browse-Pages-Alphabetic view, the page showed up in the right place. I didn't think to look at the Tree. In the Tree view, it was in the wrong place. I dragged it back as you suggested in the first place and now it appears. Thanks.

You're welcome. Glad it's sorted now.

Hi Andrew,

I see it in the correct place when I go to browse - Pages but it doesn't show up on the child page list nor does it show in the navigation page (documentation theme).

Not seen that behaviour before. Did it get put back in the right place in Browse -> Pages automatically after the restore or did someone move it to the right place?

Could you try temporarily moving it and moving it back via Browse -> Pages?

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

133 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you