Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I format whole text?

I need to have an equal spaces between rows of the text

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego Atlassian Team Apr 01, 2021

Hello @Weronika Nogaś!

Formatting text is one of the foundational functions of content creation.  Currently, line spacing controls have been suggested as a new feature for Confluence.

You can check it here:

However, if we look at a paragraph in Confluence, line spacing is consistent throughout all lines:

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 13.51.16.png

The only difference is when we start a new paragraph, then we have a different space between lines. This can be avoided if you use this combination of keys to create a line break:

Shift+Enter

You can see in this screenshot that the spacing between two paragraphs is the same as the spacing between lines:

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 14.01.40.png

This happens due to the fact that shift+enter does not create a new line but rather breaks the current line and keeps it if it is the same.

I hope this helps.

Let us hear from you!

Thank you Diego :)

Like Diego likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,752 views 8 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you