Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix iFrame width stopping at a small amount?

Chris Horn April 12, 2022

Hello,

When I add the iFrame macro to a Page, and then insert my iFrame, I cannot seem to increase the width past a small amount. I can increase the height to infinity, every time I increase the height, the iFrame gets taller. However, the width stops after a small amount and will not expand any more. I have tried with multiple iFrame macros and the result is the same every time. Because of this, my iFrames are squished and too skinny.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

@Chris Horn welcome to Confluence Cloud.

There are two macros that support iframe.

/iframe

/html

The /iframe has many more options for sizing. The /html macro will try to fit to size, but is generally less smooth.

Which are you using?

Chris Horn April 12, 2022

Hi @Andy Gladstone,

Thank you for responding to my question. I am using the /iframe macro that I access by clicking "insert" and searching for iframe. I actually do not see anything for html - I think this has to be enabled via admin settings? That may be an option for me as well if the safety concerns aren't too great.

But I digress, this issue is about the iframe macro. I am able to adjust the height to my heart's content but width stops after a small amount, no matter what value I insert into the width field.

Chris Horn April 20, 2022

Hi @Andy Gladstone , any additional tips or info?

Racquel Mano November 29, 2022

Hi,

Was there any response to this?  I can't insert the iframe macro but instead insert the HTML macro.  I don't see any options to adjust the width or height of the iframe.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events