It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I export a task list that is longer than 40 items?

I have to export a task list because the people who need to read it don't have access to Confluence. It can be a PDF, Word document or Excel spreadsheet. I've set the limit to 40, but there's another page of items. When I try to export it, even if I use Space Tools, I only get the first page.

2 answers

2 accepted

Hi @Fei Min Lorente ,

I think our Handy Macros app can help you resolve your use case. The app includes 12 difference macros and enhancements for Confluence. One of the features is the ability to set any number of tasks to display in the Task Report macro (the limitation is simply removed when the app is installed). So you can set the maximal number of tasks to display and export the whole content from your page.

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll take it to our administrator to see if it's possible to add the app.

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Fei Min, 

There is currently a limit on the display of tasks which is 40 (I guess it's for performance purposes) https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-41565 , and a bug regarding the export only displaying the first page of tasks: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-40585 

Unfortunately, I can only think about limited workarounds regarding this: export once, and then reverse the order, eventually you'll get the one that were missed, or filter per assignee, label, or restrict per time of creation to get get the 20 most recent on top. 

Cheers, 
Hermance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

327 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you