How do I export a task list that is longer than 40 items?

Fei Min Lorente December 16, 2019

I have to export a task list because the people who need to read it don't have access to Confluence. It can be a PDF, Word document or Excel spreadsheet. I've set the limit to 40, but there's another page of items. When I try to export it, even if I use Space Tools, I only get the first page.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Hi @Fei Min Lorente ,

I think our Handy Macros app can help you resolve your use case. The app includes 12 difference macros and enhancements for Confluence. One of the features is the ability to set any number of tasks to display in the Task Report macro (the limitation is simply removed when the app is installed). So you can set the maximal number of tasks to display and export the whole content from your page.

Fei Min Lorente December 18, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll take it to our administrator to see if it's possible to add the app.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2019

Hello Fei Min, 

There is currently a limit on the display of tasks which is 40 (I guess it's for performance purposes) https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-41565 , and a bug regarding the export only displaying the first page of tasks: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-40585 

Unfortunately, I can only think about limited workarounds regarding this: export once, and then reverse the order, eventually you'll get the one that were missed, or filter per assignee, label, or restrict per time of creation to get get the 20 most recent on top. 

Cheers, 
Hermance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events