How do I enable the sidebar?

Kevin Meggs July 26, 2017

I have tried everything I can think of.  I work for a tiny company now and we just started using confluence so no one knows anything. I've worked with confluence at other locations before and it currently looks nothing like I remember. Here are some images to show the situation. Someone else initially set it up

The current "sidebar:"

image.png

My Current Permissions:

image.png

Current Theme:

image.png

My "Sidebar" options:

image.pngThe desired sidebar (taken from official confluence 6.3 notes. Just want something close to this):

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

Hello Kevin,

Do you happen to be on a Confluence Cloud server? You can tell if you are if your URL ends with *.atlassian.net.

If so, it appears you may have opted into on the New Look Confluence. You can read more about this new look as well as where your favorite features went from the above article.

If you decide to turn it off for now, you can do so by clicking on your avatar photo in the bottom left-hand corner and select the option to turn it off. Please be advised in the future it will no longer be possible to disable, so it will be helpful for you to review the above post I sent you to get familiarized with the new Confluence.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Kevin Meggs July 27, 2017

Sad to hear that, Reminds me of Win8 which had no place being on a non mobile device.

Realy dislike the current sidebar set up where I have to dig through multiple menus to get a proper navigation sidpar containing the page layout.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2017

Kevin,

Thank you for your feedback. When you turn off the New Look on Confluence, you can submit your personal feedback there, and it will help to improve the New Look Confluence for the future!

Take care!

Kind Regards,
Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events