Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I disable page and inline comments in a space, but enable inline comments on some pages?

Is there a way to disable page and inline comments globally within a space, but enable inline comments on one of the pages and any child page under that parent page?

We've created a space that acts more like a knowledge base than a wiki, so we've disabled page and inline comments globally. However, we would like to enable comments on pages that are being drafted. These pages are being drafted under a parent page within the space. For collaboration, we would like to re-enable inline comments on these pages. Is there a way to do that?

1 answer

4 votes

Hi @sarah.rev,

You could achieve this by using our app HideElements for Confluence. In the HideElements space settings you could hide the comments section and the inline comments menu for all pages in your space. (Apply the "red eye" to these elements to hide them and make sure that the "lock" is set to open so it can be overwritten on a page level)

And then on pages where you want to enable them again, you insert the HideElements macro, and apply the "green eye" to these elements to make them visible again only on that page. This is what the HideElements menu looks like:

hideelements.jpeg

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, let me know. :)

Cheers,
Sven

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,473 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you