How do I delete a space as a confluence administrator?

Lancy Quadros December 27, 2011

I have a space that I wish to delete. Unfortunately, the two space admins assigned to it no longer work for us! As a confluence administrator, I do not see the option to delete the space. Has anybody run into a similar issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2011

Add yourself into the confluence-administrators group and then you should have the space admin rights!

I was hoping so - but as I mentioned, I am already a confluence-administrator and I see the 'Confluence Admin' option under browse, but not the 'Space Admin' option.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2011

Oh ok. I thought you are a Confluence Admin but not a member of the confluence-administrators group. You can be a Confluence Admin even if you are not a part of that group but then you won't become a space admin on all the spaces! If you are part of that purticular group, you should have the rights to administer all spaces. Maybe you can raise a case with Atlassian.

Thank you Jobin! I checked again - I noticed that I was not part of the confluence-administrators group. However, my LDAP group was in the Global groups with the exact same privileges as 'confluence-administrators', so, I am not sure why I was missing the 'Space Admin' option under the Browse menu.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2011

Confluence-Administrators - This is a 'super-group' and a user from this group has permission to do anything in the site regardless of any other setting.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Users+and+Groups

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2011

Yes, Jobin is correct; the "confluence-administrators" group is a special group - membership within this group grants powers above and beyond the full System Administrator privileges that can be granted to any group.

0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2011

This may seem like a silly question, but are you actually in the space that you want to delete when you try to select Spafce Admin or are you doing this from the Dashboard?

Regards,

Kay

0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2011

From the Browse menu, select Space Admin. On the Space Admin page under Space Operations there is a Remove Space option.

Regards,

Kay

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2011

I ran into a bug in this process a while ago - it threw an error on delete. Solution was to add myself (or the confluence-admin group) into the space permissions with admin rights. You shouldn't have to do this normally - confluence administrators should be able to admin spaces automatically. But just in case you hit the same bug I did, it's worth knowing.

Hi Kay

I don't see the 'Space Admin' option under Browse. It appears that for some reason I was removed from the 'Space Admin' permission list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events