Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a new template as copy of an existing one

Deleted user November 17, 2015

I would like to create a new requirement capture template, without having to create it from scratch and without trashing the existing template. 

So I would just like to copy the existing one, rename it, and then edit it so that it looks the way I want.

I saw some answers which said to simply do a select all/copy/paste of the existing template, but that does not work.

2 answers

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

It is a copy and paste exercise for sure. If you have layouts (sections and columns) you'll have to rebuild the structure of the page, then copy and paste each column.

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2016

Hi Mark,

Our Add-on Page Tree Creator works a bit different than the Confluence templates. The PTC-templates are based on normal confluence pages. So copy a template is a very easy task.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed).

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events