How do I create a new template as copy of an existing one

I would like to create a new requirement capture template, without having to create it from scratch and without trashing the existing template. 

So I would just like to copy the existing one, rename it, and then edit it so that it looks the way I want.

I saw some answers which said to simply do a select all/copy/paste of the existing template, but that does not work.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It is a copy and paste exercise for sure. If you have layouts (sections and columns) you'll have to rebuild the structure of the page, then copy and paste each column.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mark,

Our Add-on Page Tree Creator works a bit different than the Confluence templates. The PTC-templates are based on normal confluence pages. So copy a template is a very easy task.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed).

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

471 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you