How do I create a group in Confluence?

Mark Clarabut January 22, 2021

When using the share function found in the top right corner of a page, the second entry field titled 'Add people' has 'user name, group or email' written in it.  Which brings me to the question, how do you create a group in confluence so you can share given page to all people within the given group.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Mark Clarabut 

To add groups, make sure you have admin rights on the site.

• Go to settings-> User Management-> Groups 
  • Create a new group and add users to the group

Capture.PNG

Derrick Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2023

I understand that this is an older thread, but thought I'd add a message in case it is helpful to anyone who comes across this post. Organization administrator privileges are required to be able to create/manage groups.

As an alternative to using groups to share Confluence pages, it is now possible to share Confluence pages with a "team". Teams can be created by non-admin users, please see: Start an Atlassian team for instructions on how to create a new team.  Confluence pages can be shared with a team in the same way as a page is shared with a group.

1 vote
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Mark Clarabut ,

Welcome to Atlassian community …!

Confluence groups can be created by confluence administrators.

Space Admins / Space users can't create a group in confluence. permissions restricted.

If you want to form a group with some specified emails. you can inform the confluence admin with specified users list. they will create and enable access on space.

Later you can share pages to groups.

Thanks. 

Mark Clarabut January 22, 2021

Thank you for clarifiying this, sadly because groups can only be created by conlfuence administrators, my organization doesn't facilitate it due to other priorities.  Thanks again for the information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events