How do I create a JIRA Ticketing Report Based on Status

Deleted user September 6, 2019

I would like to create an aging report based on the number of days a story has been in a specific status

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

It depends on the need from your report:

If you need to show all stories which have been in a status for X number of days or similar, you could use a Jira Filter macro with JQL based on history searches. Without knowing your specific requirement - there is a great article on this subject, click here.

If you're looking for how long issues are sitting in a specific status, you might need to consider using a "Time in Status" app or similar. For example, see this app here in the Marketplace.

If the above isn't what you need - let us know the use case and happy to help try and formulate something :)

Ste

Deleted user September 9, 2019

This was very helpful.  I have a final question; is there a way to show the # of days in a a particular status versus the date it was changed?  

Thank you,

Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

The Apps (like Time in Status) are best for this.

The alternative is to digest the data via API / from the database, where you can get better access to the issue's history, which contains status changes, dates and therefore number of days in each status.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events