How do I avoid getting spaces around macros when I save a confluence page?

Mark Bullard November 17, 2016

I've noticed that in certain situations, everytime I save my confluence page, it creates a space around my macros.  

i.e. I have a table with labels and macros.

Label   Macro

Label   Macro

After I save, it adds a space above and below the macro so that now it's like: 

Label   Macro

Label   Macro

The extra space is multipled by the number of rows, so that it's wasting a tremendous amount of space on the page.  What's extra weird is that it does it in some places, but not in others.  I assume it has something to do with formatting in the code.  I wish I could see the code to clean it up, but I don't know of any way to see the code for a page.  Is that possible?  

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2016

Not sure what is causing your issue, Mark. But the first step in diagnosing the issue is viewing the source. A tool you shouldn't be without is the https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor/server/overview

It will give you a ghost of a chance of figuring out what is going on (plus can be useful for filing a case).

Mark Bullard November 18, 2016

Bill,

It appears that the tool you recommend is for the Server based product, not the Cloud one that we are using.  Otherwise, it looks quite helpful!  That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.  Thank you,

Mark  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events