How do I add inline comments in Edit mode?

Mahyad Abtahi June 17, 2022

Hi there,

I'm in the process of auditing and doing an editorial pass of our wiki pages. To do so, I need to be able to add inline comments while I'm editing the page and have others respond to them. These comments are to stay on the unpublished draft so only collaborators can see them and respond to them. Other visitors of the published page should not see these comments.

While researching this feature, I came across this page where it says that you can add inline comments in Edit mode but I'm not able to do this.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Inline-comments-while-editing-FINALLY/ba-p/1444781

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

hello @Mahyad Abtahi ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Do you know if you're on Confluence Cloud or on Server/Data Center?

Data Center

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

The article you linked to was for Confluence Cloud.  I don't think that inline comments while editing is available for Server/Data Center.

Oh I see. Well, it'll be harder to collaborate then...Thanks for your response.

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 4, 2023

Hi @Mahyad Abtahi ,

On Data Center, there's no way to add inline comments in edit mode. But on Confluence 8.3. there was added a functionality to see them in edit mode. As an option, you can take a look at Talk - Advanced Inline Comments that have this feature. Also, you can set up visibility restrictions for Talk comments only for your company users or groups not to let external ones see some private information in them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events