Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I add inline comments in Edit mode?

Hi there,

I'm in the process of auditing and doing an editorial pass of our wiki pages. To do so, I need to be able to add inline comments while I'm editing the page and have others respond to them. These comments are to stay on the unpublished draft so only collaborators can see them and respond to them. Other visitors of the published page should not see these comments.

While researching this feature, I came across this page where it says that you can add inline comments in Edit mode but I'm not able to do this.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Inline-comments-while-editing-FINALLY/ba-p/1444781

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen Community Leader Jun 17, 2022

hello @Mahyad Abtahi ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Do you know if you're on Confluence Cloud or on Server/Data Center?

Robert Wen Community Leader Jun 17, 2022

The article you linked to was for Confluence Cloud.  I don't think that inline comments while editing is available for Server/Data Center.

Oh I see. Well, it'll be harder to collaborate then...Thanks for your response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

736 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you