Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add an automatic page Title in a Template?

May Nguyen September 10, 2019

I notice when adding a template, the page title doesn't propogate when actually using the template as a new page. How can I have an automated Title format appear?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

Hello there, @May Nguyen !

As I understand, you need to automatically create page titles. This also needs to be applied using a specific template. Is that correct?

To make a long story short, I can tell you that this is possible in our Self-hosted (server/datacenter) versions of Confluence, but not in Cloud

The solution relies on User Macros, which are not available in Confluence Cloud. Here is a list of differences between Cloud and Self-hosted:

If you want to quench the curiosity, here is the community thread about this same situation:

Let me know about your findings, May!

May Nguyen September 12, 2019

Thanks, got it using a macros!

Kavya George January 28, 2021

@May Nguyen , which macros did you end up using? I would also like the title to autopopulate from a template but I can't figure it out. Thank you!

May Nguyen January 28, 2021

I actually just used a Jira macro to provide guidance tips on how to re-title the document in  a particular format, but I can't find it anymore. :/

Kavya George January 28, 2021

Ah, I see. Thank you anyway!

Jonathan Barnett March 13, 2022

Why aren't macros available in the cloud version? Is there a plan or road map to include macros in future? 

Like # people like this
Tracy Moffat April 8, 2022

Would also like this for cloud, is it in the roadmap?

Like # people like this
Michael Klaja July 27, 2022

Same here, being able to auto-generate page/template title from a variable or parent page would be super handy

Like # people like this
11 votes
Michael Hedman January 4, 2021

Any chance this will be ported to cloud?  This would be really useful.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events