Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a workflow to a confluence template?

cjerbi January 12, 2022

Dear community, 

I would like to add a workflow in an existing template. So once others use this template to publish page, the pages will automatically have the workflow.

Is it possible to do so?

Many thanks, 

Chaima

2 answers

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Workflows as a built in feature for Confluence Cloud are on the roadmap, and expected to arrive this quarter.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Including approvals?

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

No word about approvals, so I don't know.

JSarra July 14, 2022

Did Workflows as a built-in feature for Confluence Cloud ever happen? It's now the third quarter.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2022
0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Hi @cjerbi welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In order to add workflows to a Confluence page or template, you would need an app like Comala Document Control or Comala Document Management.

Confluence Cloud will soon offer the possibility to add a status to your page.

cjerbi January 12, 2022

Thanks Dave for your answer, actually I'm using Comala workflow in a confluence page, but I'm asking if it is possible to add a workflow in a confluence template that it could be used afterwards in other spaces?

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

@Dave Mathijs Thanks for the recommendation!

@cjerbi are you using Confluence Cloud or Server /DC? Currently we do not have the capability to add a workflow to a Confluence template in Confluence Cloud. 

If you contact our friendly Customer Success team at https://support.comalatech.com with details of what platform you are on and your requirements, hopefully we'll be able to find an approach that works for you and be able to let you know when a relevant feature is added to the app.

All the best

James 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events