How do I add a webcal calendar? Edited

With the latest Confluence redesign, I cannot figure out how to add a calendar to a page now. I have the webcal URL and want it rendered in the page. It doesn't seem to be available under any macros, and I don't see any options to even add it as a team calendar to try to link it that way.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Marc,

I understand you would like to subscribe by URL to a calendar in Confluence Cloud, since that version was recently redesigned. If you are referring to a Confluence server instance that was recently upgraded, please let me know the upgraded and pre-upgrade versions.

If you are not seeing the Team Calendar option on the + menu when you edit a page, please verify that Team Calendars is enabled on your instance. The option is there on my Confluence Cloud test instance so I don't think it was removed as part of the new Confluence Cloud UI.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 2.42.22 PM.png

I look forward to hearing whether the option is available on your instance and if it isn't, whether Team Calendars is installed and enabled.

Thanks,

Ann

Well it looks like it must not be enabled, though I don't know why it would have been disabled. It disappeared the same day the UI updated, reportedly. I'll send a message to one of the admins to take a look. Thanks!

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Sep 15, 2017

Sounds good. They just need to go to Settings>Manage Add-ons or https://Your_Instance.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/upm

I hope you will circle back to the forum to let us know how it goes.

It was purposefully turned off, as it turns out. When the update occurred, more resource-intensive operations became more apparent, which included the calendar integration.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

569 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you