How do I add a webcal calendar?

Marc Thayer September 15, 2017

With the latest Confluence redesign, I cannot figure out how to add a calendar to a page now. I have the webcal URL and want it rendered in the page. It doesn't seem to be available under any macros, and I don't see any options to even add it as a team calendar to try to link it that way.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Hi Marc,

I understand you would like to subscribe by URL to a calendar in Confluence Cloud, since that version was recently redesigned. If you are referring to a Confluence server instance that was recently upgraded, please let me know the upgraded and pre-upgrade versions.

If you are not seeing the Team Calendar option on the + menu when you edit a page, please verify that Team Calendars is enabled on your instance. The option is there on my Confluence Cloud test instance so I don't think it was removed as part of the new Confluence Cloud UI.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 2.42.22 PM.png

I look forward to hearing whether the option is available on your instance and if it isn't, whether Team Calendars is installed and enabled.

Thanks,

Ann

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 1.11.25 PM.png

Well it looks like it must not be enabled, though I don't know why it would have been disabled. It disappeared the same day the UI updated, reportedly. I'll send a message to one of the admins to take a look. Thanks!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Sounds good. They just need to go to Settings>Manage Add-ons or https://Your_Instance.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/upm

I hope you will circle back to the forum to let us know how it goes.

It was purposefully turned off, as it turns out. When the update occurred, more resource-intensive operations became more apparent, which included the calendar integration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events