How do I add a Create Blog button to a page?

Sal Quintanilla May 21, 2015

I opened up the Create from Template macro so that I could allow Blog pages as a sub-page to the parent page I created, and for me (Confluence 5.7.3), Blog isn't in the template list.  Maybe Blog isn't a template, but regardless, how can I add a Create Blog button?

As an alternative, can I rename the Blog link in the sidebar?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nelson Carranza
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

Hi Sal,

A blog is not a page so it can not be a child of any page.

more info https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Pages+and+Blogs

Now to create a blog, I created this user macro where you specify the space where to create the blog and any label you want to add

## @param Name:title=Name|type=string|desc=Button Text
## @param space:title=Space|type=spacekey
## @param label:title=Label|type=string|desc=Label to add to the new post
#if(!$paramlabel)
#set($paramlabel ="")
#end
<a href="/pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=$paramspace&labelsString=$paramlabel" class="aui-button"><span class="aui-icon aui-icon-small aui-iconfont-add-comment">Add </span> $paramName</a>

Regards

Nelson

Sal Quintanilla May 21, 2015

Thanks Nelson. Playing with how Blogs are organized, it became clear that they were treated differently and couldn't be nested... though I think that's more due to implementation than any real issue with nesting one or more blog hierarchies.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2017
0 votes
Matt C_ Wilson October 2, 2021

This process, from this post, will produce a link instead.  

If you want to try, replace the CAPS text in the steps below with your own values

1. Went to my personal space overview:
     https://SITE_NAME.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/~SPACE_NUMBER/overview
2. Copy SPACE_NUMBER to the clipboard.
3. Delete everything starting with /spaces to the end of the url.
4. Replace what you deleted with /pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=SPACE_NUMBER

That new URL can now be bookmarked as a "Create new blog post" shortcut.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events