Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How create links automatically from Jira to referencing page in Confluence?

Confluence lets you display a list of stories in Jira, by running a macro that makes a JCL query and asks for the stories in a specific epic. That way you may create links, from Confluence to the associated Jira stories.

I would like to do the opposite: Let Jira generate a link to the referencing page in Confluence, for each referenced issue, when Confluence has run the macro. In other words, I want the references to work both ways.

Is that possible, or is Confluence just a "reporting tool" to Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim Community Leader Jan 19, 2022

Hi Mikael,

Looks like this feature is available in confluence, but not in server: https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/link-jira-issues-to-confluence-pages-automatically

I suggest you create a new feature request for this one, if it doesn't exist already.

Regards

Thanks for the page link, Fabian. That feature (no. 2 on linked page) is actually available under the More dropdown menu.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

287 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you