Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you move a comment thread to a different space

Greg Della-Croce September 30, 2016

I have been asked to help a user to move a comment thread from one space to another.  I am not sure how to do this.  Do I just move the top and it will automagically move the whole thread?

Thanks,

3 answers

0 votes
Greg Della-Croce October 10, 2016

Actually Peter my problem was better described by Jeremy that I guess mine was.   I have two spaces.  The comments went into one space/page.  They belonged in the other Space on a page there.  The page does not need to be moved just the comments (which is one thread out of many).   Is there a way to do this without losing authorship? 

0 votes
Jeremy Shane October 4, 2016

I have a variation on this question that is not addressed by the thread referenced above.

I frequently consolidate information from two pages into a single page.  We may have an issue that starts as two discussions, but then there is a need to merge the threads into a single page.  However, you cannot then move over comments from the first page and attach them to the new combined page, without copying and pasting comments individually, and at that point you lose who the original author and post date was.  

Any suggestions for this situation, please?

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2016

Hi Greg,

See this thread. Moving the page, to which the comments are linked, should be sufficient. Note that you(the user that moves the page) should have permission to add comments in the destination space in order for the comments to be moved.

Regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events