How can the 'Confluence Paste' Plugin disabled on Confluence Cloud?

Colibri-Interactive July 19, 2021

I'd like to see pasted URLs as they are without having them converted to see only the linked page title.
I found in the docs (https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-turn-off-autoconvert-269981212.html) that the plugin, doing the convertion, is called 'Confluence Past' and that it can be disabled by the site admin.

I'm the only user in my Confluence cloud at the moment and have the highest admin groups as far as I can see (being 'Site-Administrator' level) but I'm unable to deactivate the plugin. It says "Module can't be modified" when I hover the sections.

Can't it be disable in the free cloud version of Confluence or am I doing something wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2021

Hello there!

I hope you're having a nice day so far. :)

The doc shared seems to be for a Server version, which doesn't seem to apply to the Confluence Cloud version.

In this case, it looks like you are mentioning the links are being converted into SmartLinks Cards. Feel free to correct me if this is not the case though. :)
A quick way to undo it is to press crtl+z (Windows) or cmmd+z (macOS) after you paste it on your page, then it should return displaying a URL link instead.

We have a feature request suggesting the behavior to be disabled:

I have linked it internally to our team reference, but please, feel free to add any feedbacks regarding this feature and use case there as well!

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there is anything else we can clarify or help with here.

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events