Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can request edit permissions to another page from a coworker that the option not appear?

Yolani Isabel Beltran Valenzuela August 26, 2022

A coworker and I are traying to provide me Edit permissions to a personal page created by him. Even when my coworker go to the restictions and provide edit permissions to me. The confluence page is not showing the Edit button. According with the help confluence page none of the options to request the permissions from my side doesn't work.

Exist any other option or additional step that he could do?

thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Yolani Isabel Beltran Valenzuela August 29, 2022

My coworker has permissions to give me edit access due to he is the owner page, when I go to the confluence where he apparently already added me as Editor person, I can see yes. But even when my user is now as Edit I never see the Edit button to be able of modify this page. I just can see "Save for later", "Watch" and "Share", not EDIT option appear for me. As I can show in the image.

No Edit Option appear.PNG

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

HI @Yolani Isabel Beltran Valenzuela

Please have a look at the question I asked below. Are you able to add pages in that space in general? Without having general permission to add (and subsequently edit) pages, this will not work. Your colleague needs to have a look at the space permission. Here's some doc to better understand the concept of them:

Best, Max

Like Yao Chang Hsu likes this
0 votes
Yao Chang Hsu August 26, 2022

Is there page view/add permission for the page? Or is there page restriction setting for the page? 
Additonal information: I mean when user have global permission for the space, you should have permission for it.

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Yolani Isabel Beltran Valenzuela

Do you have permission to add (and subsequently edit) pages in that space the page is in?

Best, Max

Yolani Isabel Beltran Valenzuela August 30, 2022

No I don't.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

And so that's where the source of your problem lies. :) So you are generally not allowed to edit anything in the space, and then in Confluence, it can't be allowed just for a few pages at a time.

Best, Max

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events