How can i set and view the expiration date for a space in confluence

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

I think you might need to expand on that.  

You seem to be assuming that Confluence spaces have an expiration date (they do not), so you'll need to explain what you are using to implement it first.

Mehdi July 6, 2021

Hi, yes im searching for expiration date of space  , thank you 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

You'll need to find or write an app to provide that.

I'm not aware of any that have the simplistic approach of setting an expiration date, mostly apps looking at old content are more about monitoring usage to establish pages (not spaces) that are less used and giving you archiving options.

Like Mehdi likes this
0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2023

In your use case, would all the content in the space expire at the same time? Setting an expiration date for a space is not a common use case, as it's more useful to set expiration dates for individual pieces of content, like pages or blogs.

You can use Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud to set expiration dates for Confluence pages. You can create very granular page status rules and assign notification emails to them. You can send out email reminders with contents that are based on the status that fired the reminder emails to implement your Confluence document review workflow.

09-page-expiration-tracking-cloud.png

Configuring the reminder email:

configure-notification-scheme-cloud.png
(Please note that Better Content Archiving for Confluence is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events