How can i properly edit the "Meeting Notes" template

Martin Mlostek October 23, 2018

I want to edit the meetings notes template (or ideally create a customized copy of that) but when i go to the template editor and save that template, then some parts are broken. 

When I: 

1) Reset the meeting notes template

2) Edit the meetings notes template

3) Save the template without changing anything

4) Then select "new page" and select the template it looks like this

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-23 um 13.39.21.JPG

e.g instead of the nice looking decisions icon, there is just the text `DECIDED`.

How can I edit the meeting notes template properly?

4 answers

0 votes
Stephanie Dietrich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2024

@Martin Mlostek I was able to edit the template that opens when User selects "Create Meeting Note" button within the Meeting Notes page by following these steps:

Edit a page template for a space:

1. Go to the space in Confluence Cloud.
  2. Select Space Settings from the sidebar. 
  3. Select Templates from the Look and feel card.
  4. Find the Meeting notes Blueprint template in the table and select Edit.
  5. Make required edits and select Publish

My Use Case:

I want to encourage my project team to take notes during team meetings and then create Jira tickets from the Action Items and Decisions from within Confluence.  Jira tickets can be created by double clicking on text within the meeting notes and selecting Create Issue.  Within the meeting notes template and under the Decisions header, there were grey boxes where decisions could be logged, but because it's not a true text field, I couldn't double click to create a Jira decision ticket.  I removed the grey boxes to ensure Users only add text under that header and aren't confused by the grey boxes.

Meeting_Notes_Template.jpg

Decisions_Grey_Box.jpg

0 votes
Martin Mlostek October 23, 2018

When i 

1) Reset the meeting notes template

2) Edit the meetings notes template

3) Save the template without changing anything

4) Then select "new page" and select the template it looks like this

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-23 um 13.39.21.JPG

Conor Baumgart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2019

@Martin Mlostek Did you find a solution for this? I'm having the exact same problem as you.

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2018

Hi, @Martin Mlostek and welcome to our Community!

Please, have a look at the similar question and its accepted answer:

Meeting notes blueprint cannot be edited

I think it may help.

Martin Mlostek October 24, 2018

ey @Grigory Salnikovthanks for your reply. But this does not really help. I have updated my question

0 votes
Yoga Reddy {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2018

Hi @Martin Mlostek

You should be able to edit any templates. When you edit the Meeting Notes, it will be "Discussion" and not sure how it is changing. Can you share the screenshot of what you are seeing ?

Click here is the link on how to edit the templates. 

Thanks,

Yoga

Martin Mlostek October 24, 2018

Hey @Yoga Reddy {Appfire} thanks for your reply, but this does not help. i have updated the question

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events