Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can avoid to HTML code will be visualized in a search?

Barinia Vidal February 15, 2012

I`m working in the Confluence 4.0 and the HTML plugin, to put an HTML code in the content of a website what I`m doing now.
But, when I looking for the title in the page, which I m developed, it shows like a result of the search, the HTML code like content of the page.

I`m attaching you a picture, and you will see.
Thank you very much!

2 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2012

If you can, use jquery to add the html when the page is displayed. Then, just the representation of the page is changed, not what is stored, and searched.

Depends exactly what you are using {html} for really.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2012

You can't, easily. You're poking in raw html which is plain strings as far as confluence is concerned, so it's indexing and displaying what you've put in.

If you want it formatted differently in the searches then you've got three basic paths you can take

1. Enter it in Confluence format (i.e. not html)
  2. Hack the html macro so it drops the html and stores it as confluence format
  3. Hack the search so that it knows to display html rendered as text

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events