Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I turn off my own activity alerts?

Casey Harris September 18, 2019

I recently became an administrator of a space that requires a LOT of clean up/editing/deleting/etc. My manager told me he received 28 emails based on my activity.

How can I turn this off without going to each user and telling them to unsubscribe? I don't want them to keep turning off alerts because eventually they will turn them all off. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

Casey,

There is not a great answer for this.  Confluence sends lots of notifications by default since it based on transparency and collaboration.  Typically it is the user that manages their notifications: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/email-notifications-145162.html?_ga=2.214362270.888459506.1568856943-214707426.1517458758

When you do edits to the pages you can uncheck the box at the bottom that sends notifications for pages edits etc.  If you are the admin of the space you can manage watchers.  I would just records who is watching the space and remove them, make your changes and add them back.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/manage-watchers-724765356.html

Casey Harris September 19, 2019

Brant,

Thanks for your reply. I did uncheck the notification box at the bottom when possible, but I did not notice this option on all pages... this is not available when creating a brand new page, correct?

I will try out the Manage Watchers option.

I appreciate the attitude towards transparency, but I would rather not clog up management's inbox with these type of tasks, or have them unsubscribe and then later ask them to re-subscribe. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019

Casey,

You are correct if you are creating or deleting pages then there is no way to turn off notifications for individuals watching the site.  If you adjust who is watching the space it should help.

Thanks
Brant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events