How can I tell if confluence page restrictions were applied?

Vik Solem June 3, 2016

More than 24 hours ago I modified the restrictions on a space in Confluence and clicked the "Save" button.  Since then the spinning lines next to the "Save" button have continued to spin, and the "Save" button remains grayed out, while the "Cancel" link to the right of the button remains available.

I understand that this may be taking a long time because it has to traverse all of the pages in the space.

How can I tell if the permissions have been applied to all of the pages when this page continues to be "stuck"?

If I click "Cancel" to get off of this page will it cancel the changes and revert the permissions?

Notes:

• I have remained logged in without having to reauthenticate, so I do not believe the page is stuck for authentication.
  • When I login to the permissions page in another browser the permissions changes appear to have been applied.

-Vik

1 answer

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

If it is still 'spinning' after 24 hours, it sounds like your browser or server has hung so it is not likely to resolve itself so you might have to bite the bullet and exit your browser - you might loose the changes.  You won't know til you log back in .. or ask someone else to log in and see what they can see before you close your browser.

Permissions are assigned to Users or Groups of Users and defines what they can/can't do when they get into a Space

Restrictions are applied at a page level and are indicated by a red lock icon just under the page title

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events