It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I sync two Confluence instances in both directions?

Are there any tools that allow two-way syncing of content between Confluence instances?  
It seems that pushing content one-way, from a source instance to a target, is definitely possible using something like Comala Workflows and the Remote Publishing plugin.  

But I'm looking for a way to synchronize content in both directions, so that edits to a page on either space are automatically reflected on the other space. Anything out there that does this?

3 answers

1 vote
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jul 14, 2017

I did not find a plugin that would provide a real time sync between two instances. Since the two instances will have the same content, I am curious why you don't use the one instance.

Please let me know more about your use case. Is this a disaster recovery strategy or do you need to provide access to the same content to two distinct groups of users, perhaps? If I knew more I might be able to come up with a workaround that meets your requirements.

Hi,

we would also need this kind of functionality.

We have 1 instance internally and need an other, where we can share content with externals.
We want to sync changed on both instances. 

Like Artem Zhelonkin likes this

we have the same issue....

1 internal and 1 external   but a certain space insync

Possible solution might be : Comala Workflows

Did you test with Comala Workflows?

Is it possible to approve content within one confluence instance, and publish it into another and the other way around ?

We also have the same use-case. We own/manage one Confluence instance, and a remote instance is owned/managed by a third-party vendor.  We would like to have a Confluence space on each instance where specific content is "synched" between the two instances. We could provide user accounts in our instance to the third-party vendor, but the management of those accounts is problematic, and also has some legal implications as well. The ideal arrangement is to have content that is "shared and synched" across both instances.

Any solution available for this?

Hi there!

We have the same Use Case. One internal instance for the company and we need and external instance outside of our network placed in the DMZ due to security reasons.

So, it looks like there is no solution for Sync of two Confluence instances.

Another question. Is there a possibility to use 2 different Spaces (one from internal and the other one from external) within 1 login?

For example: The company users open the internal confluence instance and work on an internal space. Then they open an external Space without login and work with external partners?

I appreciate any help an this Use Case.

#StayAtHome #StaySAFe

We have the same use case.  We want to keep certain page trees in synch across our account and our clients account.   Thanks. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

5,965 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you