How can I sync two Confluence instances in both directions?

Larry Archer July 12, 2017

Are there any tools that allow two-way syncing of content between Confluence instances?  
It seems that pushing content one-way, from a source instance to a target, is definitely possible using something like Comala Workflows and the Remote Publishing plugin.  

But I'm looking for a way to synchronize content in both directions, so that edits to a page on either space are automatically reflected on the other space. Anything out there that does this?

5 answers

1 vote
Erdogan Yildiz March 30, 2020

Hi there!

We have the same Use Case. One internal instance for the company and we need and external instance outside of our network placed in the DMZ due to security reasons.

So, it looks like there is no solution for Sync of two Confluence instances.

Another question. Is there a possibility to use 2 different Spaces (one from internal and the other one from external) within 1 login?

For example: The company users open the internal confluence instance and work on an internal space. Then they open an external Space without login and work with external partners?

I appreciate any help an this Use Case.

#StayAtHome #StaySAFe

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

I did not find a plugin that would provide a real time sync between two instances. Since the two instances will have the same content, I am curious why you don't use the one instance.

Please let me know more about your use case. Is this a disaster recovery strategy or do you need to provide access to the same content to two distinct groups of users, perhaps? If I knew more I might be able to come up with a workaround that meets your requirements.

Marco Lindner January 26, 2018

Hi,

we would also need this kind of functionality.

We have 1 instance internally and need an other, where we can share content with externals.
We want to sync changed on both instances. 

Like Artem Zhelonkin likes this
Serge_tkint April 19, 2018

we have the same issue....

1 internal and 1 external   but a certain space insync

Possible solution might be : Comala Workflows

Marco Lindner April 23, 2018

Did you test with Comala Workflows?

Is it possible to approve content within one confluence instance, and publish it into another and the other way around ?

Paul Yaneshak December 4, 2018

We also have the same use-case. We own/manage one Confluence instance, and a remote instance is owned/managed by a third-party vendor.  We would like to have a Confluence space on each instance where specific content is "synched" between the two instances. We could provide user accounts in our instance to the third-party vendor, but the management of those accounts is problematic, and also has some legal implications as well. The ideal arrangement is to have content that is "shared and synched" across both instances.

BrandN June 11, 2019

Any solution available for this?

Jaime Alcantara January 29, 2021

Same! 

0 votes
Takafumi Ohtake -Ricksoft-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2021

(Please note that I'm one of the folks behind Ricksoft that is the vendor of Space Sync for Confluence, there may be other solutions out there.)

Hi,

If you use Confluence Cloud, There are apps for this problem currently.
Space Sync for Confluence is one of them.
It supports sync with external sites, only specific space sync, and bi-directional sync.

Space Sync apps 

If you don't want to use an app, word export/import might be a solution. But, you need some complicated operations, and the page will collapse with the export/import solution.

0 votes
Daniele Tagliani February 22, 2021

We are challenging the same use-case (external <>internal changes synched on both instances)! There's new suggestions? Thanks!!

0 votes
Bernie Pruss May 7, 2020

We have the same use case.  We want to keep certain page trees in synch across our account and our clients account.   Thanks. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events