How can I sync two Confluence instances in both directions?

Are there any tools that allow two-way syncing of content between Confluence instances?  
It seems that pushing content one-way, from a source instance to a target, is definitely possible using something like Comala Workflows and the Remote Publishing plugin.  

But I'm looking for a way to synchronize content in both directions, so that edits to a page on either space are automatically reflected on the other space. Anything out there that does this?

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 14, 2017

I did not find a plugin that would provide a real time sync between two instances. Since the two instances will have the same content, I am curious why you don't use the one instance.

Please let me know more about your use case. Is this a disaster recovery strategy or do you need to provide access to the same content to two distinct groups of users, perhaps? If I knew more I might be able to come up with a workaround that meets your requirements.

Hi,

we would also need this kind of functionality.

We have 1 instance internally and need an other, where we can share content with externals.
We want to sync changed on both instances. 

we have the same issue....

1 internal and 1 external   but a certain space insync

Possible solution might be : Comala Workflows

Did you test with Comala Workflows?

Is it possible to approve content within one confluence instance, and publish it into another and the other way around ?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted an hour ago in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

8 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you