How can I stop extra/empty paragraphs between macros?

Darcy Michaelchuk October 31, 2011

I am trying to use the Section and Column macros and every time I do ther first line is an empty paragraph that I cannot remove. It adds far to much whitspace on the page.

How can I get around this?

2 answers

2 votes
Fisher December 7, 2017

The bug is still not fixed? I'm using 6.1.2.

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2011

The empty paragrah should only visible in edit mode. We had implemented this differently at first to remove the extra line but it had nasty downstream effects in the editor.

Darcy Michaelchuk November 16, 2011

While it is a little frustrating in the editor as so much screen spaces is wasted, it is much worse when these empty paragraphs appear in the viewing of the page. When I inspect the html on the view, it shows a number of blank paragraphs adding unwanted whitespace that I cannot remove.

Darcy Michaelchuk November 16, 2011

we are running 4.0.4 so I may have to log a bug.

Also, I don't think it happens all the time, but once it does on a page, there is no going back.

Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2011

That sounds like a bug, Darcy. It's likely that it may have already been fixed – I'm not sure what version of Confluence 4.0 you are running but we just recently release 4.0.4:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.0.4+Release+Notes

You'll be pleased to know we are working on a proper page layouts solution that will make the section and column macros mostly redundant.

Matt
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2011

Bummer. Filing a bug at http://jira.atlassian.com would be great so we can fix it in a future release. Thanks Darcy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events