How can I send a Confluence page to an external user on a daily schedule?

Josh Carter June 4, 2018

I have a project status report in Confluence that I would like to send to an external customer. I would also like it to be sent daily to that customer, so I don't have to remember to do it every morning.

3 answers

2 votes
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

Hi @Josh Carter

You can use the app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212189/comala-share-it?hosting=server&tab=support. 

Unfortunately, I am not sure if sharing can be automated at regular intervals. Also, this app works only in server mode.

best,
Kris 

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

@Josh Carter-

I heard from Comala Tech that automation is not possible right now. The request has been forwarded to their product team. Hopefully, they'll consider this request which is a valid one and will be useful to many Confluence users. 

Meanwhile, I request you to vote for this issue on Atlassian's site https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-32999 to give it more weight. 

best,
Kris 

0 votes
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2018

Hi @Josh Carter-

Can you please confirm if you are trying to :

1. Send a project status report (page converted to pdf, for example) from Confluence to your customer daily ? 

OR

2. Share a Confluence page which actually is a status report ? 

If it is the second case, once the page is shared, please have the user open the page whenever (s)he wants to and see the updated page. This is native Confluence functionality. 

If it is the first case above, please confirm and I'll pass on your inputs to the Comala Tech product team. 

best,
Kris

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 8.33.44 PM.png

Josh,

I'm not sure if there's a way of sending the page automatically without using a plug in.

If you just want to do it manually, please follow the following steps. Make sure you've enabled Anonymous access to Confluence on a per-space level.

Also, you can send the page in word document. Please see attached image.

Victor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events