How can I see the context (within a page) of a resolved comment in confluence?

Dave Merrill August 9, 2017

On a large confluence page, I've provided a number of comments, on different paragraphs and table cells.

The page owner has resolved many of them, and I can see each resolved comment ( ...?focusedCommentId=12346789 ...).

But I can't tell what text the comment applied to. I guess I could reopen the comment for each one of these, but that doesn't seem like a great workflow (and is likely to confuse the person who resolved).

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2017

Hi Dave,

On the page, when you click ... > Resolved Comments, you can see all the resolved comments including the text that it applied to. There's no need to individually reopen the comments here. 

Can you let us know if you're able to see the comments that way, or why this might not be efficient for you?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Dave Merrill August 10, 2017

Thanks, Shannon.

Looks like my description was unclear.

The problem is that the text I selected isn't sufficient context to remind me. In this case, "No" is the value in the table cell. See below:

Snap1.png

What would be really helpful for this case is if I could select the resolved comment, and then the confluence page would scroll to the text that was the subject of the comment (ideally highlighting that text).

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Dave

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2017

Hi Dave,

I thought about this this morning and I came to the same conclusion this is what you might have meant. :) I went ahead and created a ticket for that feature request:

I've also linked it to a more prevealant feature request about listing all the resolved comments in one place so it will be seen when that is being addressed. Please place a vote on that issue to help show the interest in the feature and provide any personal feedback you have, as well.

I've commented a link to this question in a comment on the Atlassian side so the developres can come back to this if they have any questions.

Thank you again for the suggestion!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2023

This is a real gap. If someone resolved your comments then you can't click back to find where in the text that comment referenced. I open the page in duplicate side-by-side tabs, select the text in the resolved comment list, and then do a search in the other window! Talk about unproductive, it's ridiculous,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events