How can I replace words for the whole space at once?

Claudio Alves
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

Hi everybody, 

We have changed the product name of one of our software products. I need to replace the old with the new name. I do not want to do this manually for over 100 articles.

So my goal is e.g. to replace every "ABC" with "DEF". Is there another way to do it? 

Thank you

Claudio

2 answers

3 votes
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Claudio Alves 

There are a few ways:

1. You can search and replace text in Confluence by pressing CTRL-F while in edit modeA new headerbar will appear where you can search and replace. This is applicable for a single page only.

2. Use a third party macros.

3. Use Scriptrunner. 

If you have ScriptRunner for Confluence Cloud you can find and replace text across your entire space with one click.

There's a script you can copy and paste into the Script Console and run. It is available here: https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/find-and-replace-text-across-space

Kindly Accept and Vote if it helps.

Regards

0 votes
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2024

Hello @Claudio Alves and welcome.

I tested Find and Replace by EasyApps on phrases individual words and it worked well.

HOWEVER, and it applies to any search and replace app or method, one needs to be very careful to avoid wrecking their content. Replacing OMNIA with MOX worked well as those are unique words, product names in fac.

But anything that's a dictionary word.... tread carefully :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events