• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I remove sections?

I try backspace, I try clicking on it, but I can't seem to delete the page section, only the content in it.  I guess I could probably do it with the source editor, but there must be an easier way?

2 answers

6 votes

Click on the "page layout" button to get the section menu to drop down, click on the section you want to kill off, then use "remove section" from the menu

Yes this works perfectly, thank you.

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove sections (page layouts) non-destructively. :(

There is a way to do this using the free 'Confluence Source Editor' add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210722/confluence-source-editor?hosting=server&tab=overview

Once installed and activated, you have to (carefully!!) remove all the tags pertaining to the layout macro (<ac:layout...>) including their respective closing tags by hand.

It's not a pretty solution, but it has worked for me several times. And using the built-in Search & Replace function of the add-on, it's not that hard to do, either.

But it would sure be nice if Atlassian added a possibility to remove section/layout macros without deleting all the content that's in them without hacking the source code!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

494 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you