How can I remove images from Confluence that have already been removed from a page?

erin_peterson May 22, 2017

Scenario:

I upload an image to Confluence. I decide I don't like it, so I delete the image. When I go to create a gallery, that image still appears, which tells me that it is still hanging out somewhere in the system. How can I remove it for good? Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2017

Hi Erin,

go to the attachments of your page and delete the image there.

Changing a page in Confluence does not remove any attachment. It is just not displayed anymore.

The Gallery macro loads all of your images attached to the page. 

0 votes
Dirk Schiller November 7, 2023

Hello everyone, I've been wondering why images continue to stay as attachments even after they have been removed from the page. In my use case, this doesn't seem to make sense. It not only creates issues for users who are reading my pages but also leads to resource errors for those images that were originally part of the page but have been replaced by new ones, resulting in strange attachments that won't be displayed. Additionally, it's confusing to see an attached image that is no longer part of the page's content. Is there a way to automatically delete the attachment when an image is removed from the page?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events