How can I remove Profile box from Personal Space?

Barnett May 5, 2013

I am using a documentation theme in my Personal Space. On the right hand side is a light greenish profile box with my name, email, and recent activity. How can I hide this box? Is this box something only I see or will people I share my personal space with see a profile box as well?

Thanks in advance for your time.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2013

You are seeing the personal space activity sidebar, which shows users some details from the profile of the space owner. All users will see the sidebar (though they will only see activity of content they have permission to view).

You can collapse the sidebar by default, but this will only affect your view, not anyone else's.

If you really want to hide the sidebar for all users in your space, and you have access to customise your space's CSS, then try this:

#personal-info-sidebar {

display: none;

}

If you don't have access, you'll need to ask an administrator to do it for you.

Confluence v5.0 had a visual refresh which included removing this personal space sidebar, so another option for you is to upgrade the instance :)

1 vote
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Hello Barnett,

Are you talking about the homepage for your personal space? If you make other pages in your personal space are these items duplicated?

The documentation theme add a gray box to the left hand side of the screen. This is likely not the cause of what yo uare seeing.

If you edit your home page are you able to remove these items that you don't want to see? If they are your homepage and your personal space is not private anyone that visits your space will be able to see these items.

Does this make things more clear?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events