How can I modify the date format in Confluence's "Date" macro?

Frank Schimmel April 8, 2020

When I enter "//" for the date picker of Confluence "Date" macro, I see different formats of the displayed date depending on my language settings in my user profile:

English (US): dd MMM yyyy, e.g. 08 Apr 2020

German: dd.mm.yyyy, e.g. 08.04.2020

The date format in Confluence's general settings does not affect this format.

How can I - as user or as admin - can configure the format of the displayed date of the date macro? I would like to configure the ISO format "yyyy-mm-dd", if possible as admin for all users.

Thank you
Frank

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2020

Hello Frank,

Thank you for pointing me to this question! Per the question, Confluence : date picker format, the format of date picker is solely based on the language you have set in Confluence. It is not expected that modifying the Confluence date format would change this.

In the past, we've had both a bug and a feature request logged for this. I would recommend you vote on and watch both:

• CONFSERVER-40087 Date picker macro doesn't use specified date format (Bug)
  • CONFSERVER-55188 Make the date format for the date picker "//" shortcut configurable

I hope that's clear, but do let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Frank Schimmel April 8, 2020

Hi Shannon,

thank you very much for the immediate response, though it says was I was afraid to hear ;-).

Regards

Frank

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events