Confluence : date picker format

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

re: https://atlassian.design/server/patterns/date-picker/

the feature we know and love...: // (two forward slashes -> results in a calendar macro popup = easy to pick a date.

Is there a control/setting somewhere to make Sunday the start of the week in this view? (popup)

2017-12-04_140838.pngthank you

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi Andrei,

The Date Picker start of the week day depends on which language you have set for your user in Confluence. It will display the most typical one for that language.

For example, if you have English (US) set, it will start on a Sunday. If I set to English (UK) it starts on a Monday.

For more details see:

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Shannon

Frank Schimmel April 8, 2020

I raised a related question in the community, and I link it here after I have found this question: How can I modify the date format in Confluence's "... May be someone can help be also regarding this question?

Thanks!

Frank

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2020

Thank you, Frank!

The format of the date picker is based only on your selected language. It cannot be modified by the Confluence date format. I've replied to your above thread, but you can watch the following requests for that feature:

• CONFSERVER-40087 Date picker macro doesn't use specified date format (Bug)
  • CONFSERVER-55188 Make the date format for the date picker "//" shortcut configurable

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Frank Schimmel April 8, 2020

Thank you, Shannon, for the immediate response also here.

Regards

Frank

0 votes
Craig Senior October 16, 2020

A suggestion to Atlassian: Date format can be suggested by language, but needs an override to enable a site to implement a language-independent date standard, most notably ISO 8601.

WordPress can do this; Google still cannot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events