How can I manage users, groups and other resources of confluence from JIRA?

Sudhanshu Singh Rathore April 21, 2021

I am trying to integrate Confluence with SailPoint identityiq 8.1p2. We have an Atlassian suite-server connector to integrate atlassian application in SailPoint. 

I am able to integrate JIRA with SailPoint using the connector but facing issues while integrating confluence with SailPoint using the same connector. Is there any way to integrate JIRA and confluence so that I can use JIRA for user management as well as resource management in Confluence from SailPoint?

I found one documentation of integration of JIRA with Confluence for user management.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/connecting-to-crowd-or-jira-for-user-management-229838465.html

But, in this approach also, we need to create confluence groups into JIRA manually (Automatic syncing of users and groups is not mentioned) and that defeats the purpose of integration between JIRA and Confluence.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Dear @Sudhanshu Singh Rathore ,

I connected a Fisheye to a Jira server. Jira itself is connected to Active Directory. Groups from AD can be used in Fisheye. So no need to manage the groups in Jira.

If this works for Fisheye, it works for Confluence, too. They are using the same mechanism. In this approach I didn't configure anything special to see the AD groups in Fisheye. They were just there.

Give it a try.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events